Rutgers Residence Life - Training & Personnel
Site Supervisor: Rachael Padula
The Residence Life staff is charged with developing a strong inclusive community among a widely diverse group of residents. The Training and Personnel unit needs to recruit, hire, and train staff that will be strong leaders, compassionate counselors, knowledgeable resources, responsive programmers, and an extroverted cheerleader. Goals of the field placement with Rutgers Residence Life-Training and Personnel would be to experience and participate in Undergraduate Selection as well as evaluate process and create suggestions on changes for future processes. Undergraduate Selection typically gets over 800 students who attend information sessions about the Resident Assistant and Apartment Assistant positions. Of those 800 over 400 students apply for about 100 openings. During this field placement the process will be at the collection of application and beginning stages of interviewing. The ultimate goal is for someone to spend the 2nd ½ of their semester evaluating the current selection process and brainstorming ways to make improvements for the future.
- Participate in a committee that reviews applications.
- Participate in the preparation of Undergraduate Interviews.
- Participate in Undergraduate Selection Interview Days.
- Evaluate application process from beginning to end, including all forms.
- Participate in meetings with students who were not selected for a Resident Assistant or Apartment Assistant position to give feedback about interview and application.
- Participate in placement of staff.
- Create recommendations for future processes on ways change process to find candidates that meet the needs of department.