GAIA Centers: Center for Global Services - Faculty and Scholar Services
Site Supervisor: Asenath Dande, Associate Director for Faculty and Scholar Services
- Learn the core components of an international faculty and scholar services operation and the purpose of each component;
- Gain experience in programming through assisting Center staff in some key programs. This is something new we are venturing into therefore the success of our application for an intern will be of mutual benefit. Due to shortage in staff we have not been able to offer significant programming to enhance cultural experience of our exchange visitors in J-1 visa, yet cultural experience is one of the key components of a J-1 program.
- Develop and practice skills in cross-cultural communication;
- Gain an appreciation for the special challenges faced by international faculty and scholars coming to conduct research and collaborate in the U.S.
- Hone technological skills by assisting in Center’s efforts to streamline complex processes using technology
|File Size:||425 kb|